The Community Church of Poway Chapel was built in 1887. It is the oldest wooden church in continuous use in San Diego. One of the most recognizable buildings in Poway, the chapel sits on the corner of Community Road and Hilleary. Worship services took place regularly until the congregation outgrew the building. In 1990, when we dedicated the new larger sanctuary. The chapel is a favorite site for small weddings and vow renewals.